Pat sent me this cute blogger meme. Thanks Pat!
1. Each blogger must post these rules.
2. Each blogger starts with ten random facts/habits about themselves.
3. Bloggers that are tagged need to write ten facts about themselves. You need to choose ten people to tag and list their names.
Here are my ten random facts/habits:
1. I'm a certified lefty. I was just reminded of this when I heard that Obama is a lefty too.
2. I still have a cabinet-full of clothes which no longer fit (wishing that someday, I'll lose enough weight to start wearing them again).
3. I really don't go for chunky fashion jewelry. I prefer real classic gold jewelries.
4. I used to know a bit of piano but lost interest because my teacher (Mrs. Zummel) was "amoy-lupa na" and I hated it! Hahaha!
5. I have yet to find 'the' hairdresser to give me that perfect cut.
6. I've been super grouchy lately. Bleh ~ bleh ~ bleh ~
7. One time, I cried when I saw our electric bill. Long story.
8. I'm a lousy bag-owner. Maybe that's why my husband would probably never give me a bag that's worth more than 10k.
9. I love to read but I seem to have not found enough time to read. I'd rather sleep really.
10. I think that I love to eat more than I love to cook. I also like drinking occasionally but not often enough to undergo alcohol detox.
Passing this meme to Iris, Jown and Alpha.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Pat sent me this cute blogger meme. Thanks Pat!
Since I've been on the edge because of my present condition, I looked for some natural remedies for my VOMITING AND NAUSEA:
- Sucking a piece of ice controls vomiting.
- Eat 1/2 tsp. ground cumin seeds.
- Cinnamon and sliced ginger work by interrupting nausea signals sent from the stomach to the brain. If you are an herbal tea drinker, simply sprinkle cinnamon on the tea and drink. To make ginger tea, simmer a few slices of ginger in hot tea water.
Ai also gave me some helpful tips regarding this. Thanks Ai!
I hope it works!
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
I looked through a collection of nice stuff for babies and found these really nice items for baby#2. If the baby will be a boy (here's just some wishful thinking on my part), I would love to buy this bell pepper bunting or this baseball outfit. I'm pretty sure my husband would like to see his infant son inside a nice baseball jersey for babies since my husband is very much a baseball fan himself. I could just imagine father and son donning matching baseball outfits during the annual Halloween party in our village. That would be such a cute sight to watch!
Many times, I wonder within myself if I should finally quit my present job, take up a PhD and start a career in teaching in the university. Way back in college, our teacher in Business asked us to do a Custom Essay about our plans 20 years from that time (we were more or less 20 years old). It was a tough assignment that I even considered getting an Essay Writing Service. But no, this was too personal a paper to depend on a 3rd party to do it for me.
Monday, January 26, 2009
|You Are Buttermilk Pancakes|
Your prefer traditional, old fashioned foods.
You shy away from anything fake, and you like meals with simple ingredients.
It's not likely someone would find margarine or diet soda in your kitchen.
Instead, someone might find a loaf of homemade bread baking or a soup simmering.
Some of my friends who are techie are so interested to get in this contest and have actually participated. XML is easy to learn, they say. So what are you waiting for? Click on the links of the website www.xmlchallenge.com, sign in and be a WINNER.
For my friends in marketing, I could only suggest to them not to lose hope. Although the cost of real estate properties has been slashed badly, there are still companies who can offer them Mortgage Leads through Voice Broadcasting that can result to deals and bottom-line sales. You only have to expand your market and look for the strategies that work.
Sunday, January 25, 2009
I actually stopped myself from asking for a photo with the artistas. Besides, I couldn't find the perfect timing. Anyway, just a short anecdote...I was watching them do a take from the living room and B.G. was holding a cig. I looked at him and when he saw me and greeted me with "Hello Ate". Hehehe. Then he saw the suman that we have in the kitchen and asked me if we have Muscovado (which we didn't coz I gave away the Muscovado that I bought directly from Bacolod to my boss). I said "No, sorry!" and he said "Ang sarap kasi ng itsura nung suman ninyo (pointing at the plateful of suman on the table)." Hahaha. Yun lang. :-)
Monday, January 19, 2009
DE-CLUTTER. That's my resolution.
- throwing out unnecessary papers - receipts, lists, stubs, tickets, and what-not
- file those important papers IMMEDIATELY and not wait for all of it to pile up (and get ready with all those labeled folders)
- weed out clothes which have never been or seldom worn, don't fit, damaged or are plain ugly
- use only one calendar/notebook so no more sticky notes
- clean out bedroom cabinet which still has unopened presents and even wedding gifts
- get rid of left-overs in the fridge which have not been touched for a week
- declutter office supplies (I have too much of this really)
- clean up the china cabinet
- fix baby's toys
- sell or give away CDs and VCDs which are no longer wanted
- no to junk bags and junk drawers --- just put them straight to where each one belongs
- A LOT OF HARD WORK AND PATIENCE
Wish me luck!
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
For this second pregnancy, my plan is to eat healthier. I want to erase my past mistake of not having a very healthy diet during the first time. So I plan to bring out our blender so that I can always have fresh and nutritious fruit drinks in the morning. I vow to make this ever-reliable home appliance my constant companion for the months ahead. I also would bring out our turbo broiler so I can have more broiled meat instead of fried. I will also eat lots of leafy green vegetables even if I don't like it that much. And for the major thing, I want to give up eating junk food and drinking soft drink -- for this is my ultimate weakness. (If you're reading this Hunny, I hope you can help and support me on this).
Believe me, I'll do anything for this baby to be healthy, even if it takes a lot of temperance and self-mastery. So wish me luck!
I was also a few weeks' pregnant (then with Zoe) in these pictures.
Looking forward to seeing Iloilo tomorrow...this time with Hunny, Zoe, and our new baby (still in my womb).
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Sorry for not being updated but I never really heard about this guys prior to that day. So out of curiosity, I asked the others about their background. I heard from the neighbor that Sheree was part of Viva Hot Babes and that she has given birth already. In fairness, she's friendly, sexy and pretty up close. I couldn't believe that she's already a mom! I was afraid to ask her if she had undergone a tummy tuck for there seems to be no trace at all that she has been pregnant before, that is, compared to me who let my weight go up uncontrollably during and after my pregnancy. Anyway, if my job is to look sexy (as in her case) and if I had the resources (which I don't), I would gladly undergo a tummy tuck!
As for Coco Martin, he was also friendly and I could see that our two helpers were so ecstatic to see him in person. I heard that he has an acting award for a movie so I "googled" his name up and found pictures of him which were too sexy for me, so I stopped.
Anyway, as before, part of our agreement with the director is not to use the house, especially the master's bedroom, for scenes which are too sexy or too violent. My Dad specifically told us this. I think it's good to point out this issue to the producer and the director. We said that we don't want to be a contributor in spreading lewdness on TV. Instead, we only want to be part in sharing good moral lessons to the viewing public. Good thing the show Count Your Blessings is more or less okay.
Leaving you with a picture:
Here are some pictures:
I super enjoyed this mini-field trip! Thanks Hun.
I was so happy to see the two pink lines appear almost immediately. Pure bliss! Since it was still too early to wake up my husband and baby who were both sleeping soundly, I left the HPT at the bathroom so that it would be easily seen by my husband when he gets up from bed. Then I headed off to go to Mass (it was the first Saturday of the month).
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Monday, January 5, 2009
This group consists of Pat, Fred, Owi, Tin-tin, Gina, Stella, Teng and myself. The other people who used to tag along but are now out of touch are Mandy, Hector, Pin and Dave. I still remember when we would go on out of town pilgrimages (we still do actually) and summer outings with our families. Our last get-together was during Pat and Fred's daughter's birthday party. Prior to that, we celebrated Christmas at Owi and Tin-tin's brand new house in Merville.
When before we were mostly single, many of us now are happily married with kids of our own. Pat and Fred already have two kids while Owi and Tin have 1 cute boy who is almost as old as our very own Zoe. Stella and Gina are still both very much single. All of these friends of ours are highly successful in their jobs. They are that successful that I could include their names as reference persons when I do my Resume Writing.
Anyway, for this year, Pat and Fred hosted the Christmas Party at their newly-furnished home in Ayala Westgrove Heights. Their house is huge! Zoe enjoyed every single minute playing with the other kids. We also enjoyed all the interesting stories of what happened to each one during the past year.
One of the biggest news there is the decision of Pat to resign from her highly prestigious HR job in Ayala Group of Companies in order to be a full-time mother to her two kids, ages 7 and 4. She was fortunate enough to avail of a special retirement package that gave her a huge amount of money that can cover the full payment of their house/lot and their new car plus also buy her enough time to be just at home until she decides what she wants to do next. I think she's very lucky indeed!
Pat has climbed the corporate ladder in the field of HR for the past years. Prior to her resignation, she was a HR Business Partner already. So the moment that news leaked that she has decided to retire, many executive search companies already got in touch with her for possible hiring in some other big company. I am sure she has a very nicely written Professional Resume that can attract any good company. But she told us that even if many companies are now trying to get her, her priorities for now are her husband and children. So even if she has a fantastic Professional CV format to submit to her future employer, she prefers to take this time off first to de-stress and concentrate on settling down the kids in their new home and new school environment.
We really enjoyed our little get-together with them. On the way home, inspired by Pat, I told one of our friends, Gina, who hitched with us, to help me find job possibilities in her company. Her office is only in IBM Eastwood which is so near our house. I confided with her that if only I cut back on my travel time to go to work, then maybe I don't need to be so stressed with work that I want give up my career altogether. Anyway, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that something great will happen to my career this year.
Leaving you with a picture of our group:
Saturday, January 3, 2009
• 3 3/4 pints (2 liters) vegetable oil
• 2 pounds (950 grams) floury potatoes, like russets, peeled and cut into large chips
For the batter:
• 1 cup plain flour
• 1 cup beer
• 2 egg whites, whipped to soft peaks
• 4 (9 ounce/250 gram) fillets haddock or cod, skin on, and pin boned
Pour all the vegetable oil into a deep pan or deep fat fryer, and heat to 300 degrees F (160 degrees C.) Blanch the cut potatoes in the oil until soft, but not colored, about 4 minutes. Remove and drain.