Monday, March 30, 2009
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Zoe's first summer outing
A picture with Daddy to remember by...
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Nanay, I want you to know that you are sorely missed. Thank you for being the best mother in the world. I love you always.
Cheat Sheet for the Kitchen:
1. Sweep kitchen floor.
2. Mop floor.
3. Wipe all regularly used/visible surfaces.
4. Take out trash.
1. Wipe all surfaces - ventilation hood / appliances / inside of oven.
2. Pour boiling water down the drain to disinfect.
3. Wipe inside / outside of cabinets and cupboards.
4. Vacuum relevant places.
5. Wash and completely dry knife blocks.
6. Dust light fixtures.
7. Compile grocery list and make menu for the week.
8. Do grocery.
9. Do wet market.
10. Wide down doors / baseboards.
1. Wash hood filters.
2. Check freezer fro expired items.
3. Clean kitchen ceiling.
4. Schedule days off for all staff members.
5. Defrost - 2x a month or when ice reaches 1/4 inch thick.
1. Replace baking soda in freezer - every three months.
2. Clean ovens - all appliances.
3. General cleaning - every six months.
4. Refrigerator cleaning - 2x a month.
5. Check staff uniforms.
6. Check condition of staff uniforms and footwear.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Thinking about it, I wish that my husband and I would experience that same level fun and energy even if we grow old already. Maybe we can even try entering the Senior Chat Room for more excitement! Ha! Ha!
Monday, March 23, 2009
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Zoe's sibling is still in my tummy so I got no pics yet of them together. As for cousins, Zoe has no cousin on my side of the family but has 14 cousins on her dad's side. However, I cannot find a single decent picture of them together. Thus, I settled for this one. It's actually a favorite. Zoe is photographed here with her "kinakapatid" named Nzo (the son of her godfather Owi) during our first summer outing together (May 2007).
Don't you think the picture's so cute? This was taken in the Jollibee in one of the gas stations in SLEX.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
My day yesterday started off at the right track. I woke up early, had breakfast, took a bath and then dressed up to go to work.
It was color-coding day so I had to commute. It was drizzling a bit but it was okay. Fortunately, I got to find a ride to work almost immediately. Everything was smooth-sailing until...
...I encountered the most terrible traffic en route to Makati.
...The driver of the vehicle I was riding had WTM playing on the radio --- and DJ Mo's way of speaking really pissed me off.
...I was late for work (unsurprisingly).
...I had too many issues at work.
...I lost track of the time and was very late for noon-time mass.
...I called the house only to hear the helpers complain that we don't have this and that in the house and that I needed to go to the grocery or else we'll starve.
...F. still gives me the biggest headaches.
I think about it and felt that I had too much for the day. So I went to the canteen and got myself a can of pineapple juice.
All the stress is really putting my blood pressure up. NOT GOOD!!! But thank God for the pineapple juice (and His grace), I made it through the rest of the day. :-)
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Name 7 things that you love then pass this onto 7 other kreativ bloggers.
3. Zoe and Baby #2
4. My family - my Mom, Dad and Ate, Kiko, Step-mom, In-laws
5. My relatives
6. My friends - old and new
7. My job
Let's pass this award to Ai, Dyes, Jesse, Jean, Pat, Tracy and back to you Eds!
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
1. Cut down on TV or better, give up TV altogether until Easter.
2. Try not to take afternoon snacks on certain days of the week.
3. Avoid the mega-sales and midnight madness in the malls this month.
4. Talk to one or two friends about God each day.
5. Don't complain - about the weather, the traffic or your boss.
6. Wash the dishes instead of delegating it to the helpers.
7. Pray the rosary on your way to work.
8. Find time to visit the Blessed Sacrament daily to say 'hi!' to Jesus who is perpetually present there.
9. Donate some clothes, housewares or food to the recent fire victims in San Andres, Manila.
10. Watch your words! Be extra nice to the people around you.
Monday, March 9, 2009
I found this tag in the internet and thought it's going to be fun doing it. Thank you to who-ever-you are!
1. Are you taller than your mom? Yes. I'm definitely taller.
2. What color is your curtain? Cream-colored bought from Robinson's.
3. What is the closest thing to you right now that is red? I'm looking at a pretty red phone in a Fashion Site that I'm also browsing now in another window. It's a Nova Scotia Pomegranate phone that is super hot-looking! :-)
4. What is your ring tone? Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go! Is that the title (I'm not sure)?
5. Does anything hurt on your body right now? My head, my knees, my eyes. :-(
6. What color is your favorite pillow? My regular pillow in the bedroom. It's so comfy, I love it!
7. What is/are your favorite video game? Does solitaire count? I'm not a video freak, sorry!
8. Had a nap today? No. I'm at work so it's a no-no to nap. Besides, I'm too busy to nap.
9. Gold or Silver? Gold, definitely. It can be white or yellow gold too.
10. Is there an animal that creeps you out? Snakes and crocodiles!
Happy Tuesday everyone!
You Are Sincere and Sensible
When You Are Comfortable:
You are a practical, efficient worker. You know how to go after what you want, and you're not afraid to work hard.
People see you as a loyal, genuine person. You are down to earth, and upfront about who you are.
When You Are At Your Best:
You are a determined and responsible. You strive for success, and you know what it takes to get things done.
People find you to be trustworthy and a good leader. You treat people well, and they benefit from your wisdom.
When You Are in a Social Setting:
You are very unique and talented. You solve problems well, and you have a creative approach to life.
People see you as straightforward and level headed. You can see opportunities when others only see troubles.
History shows us that dependency on illegal drugs causes numerous health problems including death. It can also be a trigger to more social problems later in life. This includes dropping out of school, getting involved in criminal acts, maybe becoming pregnant as a teenager, and many more. Those effects alone should stir us up to help prevent drug abuse. If we don't act now, we might be just losing that person little by little.
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
1. Get rid of (or burn) all pornographic materials in our home - books, magazines, calendars, video cds, leaflets, etc. These are all considered trash for our soul.
2. Practice modest dressing and serve as a good example to your children.
3. Avoid all pornographic websites and other pornographic videos which can be passed on through the cellular phone.
4. Help report all indecent actuations shown on tv by writing to the producers.
5. Stop all non-sense 'green' talk at home, in the office or when with friends.
6. Start the custom of praying together as a family.
7. Take Mama Mary and St. Joseph as our role models for living a life of purity.
8. Frequent the sacraments of Holy Mass and Confession to be in the state of grace always.
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Anyway, up to now, I still enjoy following all the Disney movies that come out regularly. And now that I am now a mom, I am not surprised that my daughter Zoe also has a keen interest in watching those great animated films created by Disney. Even as a young child, she shrieks every time I let her watch a Winnie the Pooh movie. She also loves those old black and white Mickey Mouse movies. Now I'm thinking of registering to the Disney Movie Club. By being a member of the Disney Movie Club, you can regularly avail of the new DVD releases by Disney and also get some fantastic discounts for their featured movies. I think it's a great deal!
We all know that to live a well-balanced life free from drugs, we need develop both peace of mind and body. In this dog-eat-dog world, many people easily lose their peace and lose control over their own lives. And when they get to some very problematic situation, the only easy solution that they think of is to flee or to escape. Sadly, this escape may lead them to drug or alcohol abuse. For those who have yet to develop a strong sense of discipline and a better sense of direction in life and are lacking in support from family or friends, they also resort to using drugs in other to feel good about themselves or to feel that they belong.
The good news is, we can bring these people out of the pit by helping them get into a drug rehabilitation which will help them change the direction in their lives. With a proper strategy for addiction treatment and with constant moral and spiritual support, our loved ones can now find light at the end of the tunnel.
Here is the rule of the tag :
List five reasons why you think that Life Is Grand and then pass it on to five people.
Life is definitely grand because:
...God gave me life (when He could have freely decided not to).
....I have a great family who are my constant inspiration.
...I have received many gifts and blessing in life (and I know that I have to give back somehow).
.....There is a new life inside of me (and I can't wait to be a second time mom!).
......I have received the Catholic faith and a unique vocation from Him.
What to try this? Jean, Mandy, Jacqui, Nikki and AiDiSan?
Sunday, March 1, 2009
For a change, I'm inserting an interesting tag for couples which I grabbed from one of the blogs that I visit:
After 3 years of marriage and years of being friends, it's nice to be able to reminisce our years as a couple.
What are your middle names?
How long have you been together?
3 years as a married couple, 11 years as friends.
How long did you know each other before you started dating?
1 year. I said 'yes' on the anniversary of the day we met.
Who asked who out?
He did. We had an EB. :-) hahaha.
How old are each of you?
He's 4 years and 1 month older.
Whose siblings do/ did you see the most?
His (he has 7 siblings). My only sis is in Iloilo.
Do you have any children together?
Yes, 1 and a 1 more soon!
What about pets?
Nope. Our dog Kikay is my family's dog.
Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
When someone gets sick.
Did you go to the same school?
Nope. But we did both go to Ateneo for some gradute studies (on different years).
Are you from the same home town?
Nope. But both start with "CA..." - Caloocan and Cainta. Haha.
Who is smarter?
Me thinks both lang. I don't think it has to do with the school or something.
Who is more sensitive?
Where do you eat out most as a couple?
Pancake House, Ilonggo Grill (years ago), Mongkok
Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
Who has the craziest exes?
Who has the worse temper?
Who does the cooking?
Our helper. He also cooks occasionally.
Who is more social?
Who is the neat-freak?
Who is the more stubborn?
Who hogs the bed?
Who wakes up earlier?
Where was your first date?
We met in Mary's Chicken in Greenbelt but ended up eating in Shakey's. Now both places have been demolished with the renovation of Greenbelt.
Who has the bigger family?
Him. He has 4 sisters, 3 brothers, 14 nephews and nieces. I only have a sister (and she's single).
Do you get flowers often?
How do you spend the holidays?
Who is more jealous?
I don't know.
How long did it take to get serious?
Who eats more?
Now? Me. LOL.
Who does the laundry?
Who’s better with the computer?
Hardware - him, some software applications like Excel, Word - me
Who is funnier?
Him. I think his sense of humor is better.
Who is the better driver?
Definitely him. I'm practically afraid of driving since I bumped the car years ago. But I still do drive sometimes.
Who is in charge of the money?