Sunday, December 21, 2008

This is Just the Beginning...

My Tatay called me up late last Friday and told me that he will be hosting a party on Sunday lunch. So, I said, "Ok po, for how many people po?". He said "For around 30 people". I almost fainted. Hahaha.

Anyway, the party was success. My Dad's co-authors in Rex Publishing were there plus some of my parents' inaanak sa kasal (with their kids) - most of them teachers from Lourdes School. I don't how we did it but we somehow managed to prepare all the dishes in time for lunch. But I'm telling you, it was like a MAD RUSH! We made an early trip to the wet market for the meat, shrimp, veggies and fish. After that, we rushed to grocery which opens at 9 am and bought more supplies. After paying for the grocery, we realized that our rice cooker conked out the day before and so we had to wait for the appliance store to open so we can buy a new rice cooker. We also had to find a panciteria where we could order pancit bilao. There were already guests as early as 11 and we were still wrapping the lumpiang shanghai, frying the lapu-lapu and breading the chicken! Kakahiya. It was like a scene from Iron Chef America, I swear.

Here's a picture of our labor of love ~


After the party, I realized that this is just the beginning. We will be hosting more parties and family reunions at home and I better be ready or ELSE!

By the way, the food we prepared got my two thumbs up! Yummy!

0 shared their thoughts:

 
template by suckmylolly.com