Thursday, April 16, 2009

Almost Fainted

I just came back from noontime mass in the building next to my office. Towards the end of the mass, I felt so hot. I tried fanning myself using my hand for I didn't bring anything with me. After a few minutes, I felt my vision getting blurry and I felt a spinning sensation while standing up. I knew that I was going to faint sooner or later. As the priest raised the Body and Blood of Christ (through the bread and wine) for the second time around and all kneel, I couldn't anymore control my knees. I immediately sat down and closed my eyes. I didn't want to cause a commotion among the people attending the mass. I prayed to God to help me. After a few minutes of sitting down and having my eyes closed, I saw everybody lining up for Communion. I took the courage to stand up again and receive Our Lord. When I got back to my seat, I felt so much better. I had cold sweat all around my face but I felt better. After the mass, I saw my friends who were the dentist and nurse of that building. They were my Good Samaritans. They led me to the clinic, took my BP and gave me water to drink. I felt so glad to have them around. They are indeed heaven-sent. Now, I'm okay.

Thanks be to God!

0 shared their thoughts:

 
template by suckmylolly.com