I gathered some tips online and I would like to make an online check of how I am faring in the list.
For Mommy / Daddy:
1) List of phone numbers or a phone tree of people to call and share the good news - ok
2) Your own comfortable nursing gown if you plan on breastfeeding - none yet
3) Lip balm - you'll be glad you have this - ok
4) Your own maxi pads - the hospital will provide these, but your own may be more comfortable - ok
5) A camera and/or video camera - just a camera for now
6) Baby book for the hand and foot prints - ok
7) Toiletries - ok
8) Hair accessories - ok
9) Makeup - ok
10) An extra change of comfortable clothes for you - none yet
11) Change of clothes for your partner - none yet
12) Breast pump - need to check my old pump if it's still ok to use
1) Warm hat and booties - ok
2) Your favorite baby blanket - ok
3) Outfit for hospital pictures, if you choose to have them done - ok
4) Going home outfit - ok
5) Approved car seat (you won't be able to leave without one) - none yet
6) Diapers for the ride home - ok
So I guess I'm almost ready!
Anyway, in addition, here's a video clip I found in Youtube.
Wish me luck!!!