• 8 ounces Linguine or other thin pasta
• 2 tablespoon Butter
• 1 pound Shrimp - 26 to 30 count pealed and devained
-- Sauce --
• 3/4 ounce Basil - fresh (about a loose cup)
• 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese - grated
• 1 each Garlic - clove
• 1/3 cup Pine nuts
• 2 tablespoon Olive oil
• 1/2 cup Half-and-half cream
• Salt and pepper to taste
Cook pasta according to package instructions, drain and place in serving bowl. Cover and keep warm.
While pasta is cooking place basil, cheese, garlic and pine nuts in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Add olive oil and process for an additional 10 - 15 seconds. Transfer contents to a small sauce pan, stir in half and half or cream. Warm over medium heat until it has thickened. Combine with and pasta and keep warm.
Meanwhile melt butter in frying pan. Add shrimp and saute turning until shrimp is pink in color. Combine shrimp with or serve over pasta.