Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My Dad, the Gardener

Have I ever mentioned here that among the members of our family, it is my Dad who really has a green thumb? He certainly has a knack for planting and gardening that most, if not all, of the trees and bushes in our home was planted and grown by him. Having lived in the province in his early years and being a son of a true-blue farmer, my Dad can literally grow any kind of vegetable and fruit-bearing tree. It's actually very fascinating!

Anyway, now that my Dad has retired, he always spends his mornings doing gardening. He recently harvested some root crops, fruits and vegetables and gave part of it to us. Now I'm thinking that maybe I can send him several vegetable seed packets this summer so he can grow more varieties of vegetables in their garden. Or maybe I can also ask him to train me or even my daughter Zoe on the basics of gardening and turn our mini-garden at home into a kid-friendly garden. It's never too late or too early to learn, right? In fact, I've been noticing lately that Zoe may have a natural inclination towards plants and trees too. She always seems to want to help out in watering the plants in the morning and often asks me to get her a leaf or flower from the plaza whenever we go out. You'll never know, she might have inherited her grandpa's green thumb.

1 shared their thoughts:

Anonymous said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Lucia
Modern bedroom furniture

 
template by suckmylolly.com