Thursday, June 25, 2009

June 26

The date June 26 has always been a very special day for me and my family. That day is the feast day of St. Josemaria Escriva, "our Father" as we would fondly call him.


June 26 was also my parents' wedding anniversary.


St. Josemaria died on June 26, 1975. My parents, on the other hand, wed on June 26, 1971. For so many years, my family and I would celebrate this day with a mass dedicated to St. Josemaria at the Manila Cathedral. My sister (when she still resided in Manila) and I would often be part of the choir who would sing in the choir during the mass. That alone, was a super great experience for me! That was where I learned how to sing Gregorian Chant (Misa de Angelis) and many, many wonderful liturgical songs. My sister, who finished from the Conservatory of Music in UP, would in some of the years, be the conductor of the choir and my parents and I were so mighty proud of her.

Anyway, St. Josemaria has, more often than not, interceded for my special needs and that of my family. He has always been and will always be part of our family devotions. I am forever grateful to Him. I know that he has helped my mother a lot during her last days on earth and had somehow showed her the way to Heaven. And for us who are still here struggling, he has been a great example on how to live your life for God.

0 shared their thoughts:

 
template by suckmylolly.com