Saturday, June 21, 2008

Books are Fun!

Do you know Barney's song about books "Books are Fun"?

Books are fun, books are great
Let's sit down with a book today.
Books are fun, books are great.
Is it book time yet?
Oh I just can't wait to read a book.

Well, books are really fun and great to read. Books are treasures that tickle our imagination.

When I was young, my Dad made sure that he bought me a book every month. It all started when he got me one book ("Heidi") and I told him that I finished reading it in a month and that I enjoyed it a lot. From then on, he got me books on a regular basis. Thus, my love for reading started. I enjoyed William Shakespeare, Robert Louis Stevenson, C.S. Lewis, Oscar Wilde, Charles Dickens, Jane Austen, Agatha Christie, and many others. I've also been a addict to book fairs and book sales for the past few years that I think I already have hundreds of books at home.

Most of the time, we say that value our books so much but problem is, we tend to forget that we also need to know to how to properly take care of them for them to last.

I have this friend who really impressed me on the way she took care of her books. All of her books were listed in an excel file. They were all with plastic cover and she is careful so that the scotch tape doesn't ruin the backcover of the book. They are also carefully stored in good sturdy shelves.

Now if only I can learn how to do it the same way. I could be so lazy you know. But I'm hoping that I'll be able to preserve all my books for Zoe (and our future kids) to enjoy and cherish. That idea alone pushes me to take a good look at my book collection and see how I'll be able to preserve and organize it.

0 shared their thoughts:

 
template by suckmylolly.com