Saturday, June 21, 2008

Sharing My Weekly Menu

I re-initiated making a weekly menu for the family a couple of weeks ago. I have to admit, I was just too lazy before which eventually made me stop doing it. But knowing that this small detail could result to big savings in our marketing and grocery bill, I printed out several blank menu planners again.

At first I found it so hard to put variety in our meals. My main aim was to minimize the meat and make fish and vegetables the main ingridients for the meals so that it will come out cheaper. So what are my choices? Well here are some of them:

1. Ginisang bitswelas with pork
2. Nilagang baboy
3. Pinakbet
4. Sinigang
5. Sinugbang talong and okra (with yummy bagoong)
6. Pansit Lucban
7. Cucumber Salad
8. Tilapia with pechay sa gata
9. Nilagang upo with ground pork
10. Ginisang squash with misua and ground pork

My market bill really turned out cheaper last week. The vegetables cost only around 250 pesos. Plus our food was more nutritious too!

I'm so looking forward to incorporating more vegetable-based viands in the future. Any more ideas which I can add to the list?

1 shared their thoughts:

Pat said...

try stir-fry veggies : )

 
template by suckmylolly.com